Saturday, October 18, 2014

A Not So Sleepy Saturday- The Broadway Diner

Obviously the best activity on a Saturday is laying in bed until lunch time, but if you have to work at 9:30, you may as well get up a couple hours early to get some good food.

After a brief battle with my snooze button, I was rolled out of bed at 7:30. Once you get over the initial shock of being awake and alive that early on a Saturday, it's actually kind of nice.  Nobody else is really up so it was easy to find a place to park, and we didn't have to wait for seating, which was a completely different experience than my past experience with Broadway Diner.

I had tried, unsuccessfully to eat there once before. It was around 11 a.m. the Sunday after Homecoming last year, so, needless to say the wait was an hour and half. We ended up going to Waffle House where there was only a 45 minute wait.

Somehow I managed to convince my friend Jordan to wake up early on his Saturday morning to go
with me.

First things first- Coffee. It was perfect. If you're more a fan of gourmet specialty coffee, you probably won't be a fan. But if you're like me and just want a cup of black coffee, you will be perfectly happy.

Now for the food. 

Jordan got french toast and I got the bacon veggie omelet.

Both of us were more than satisfied with our food. Speaking for myself, it was definitely worth getting up.

All in all it was the perfect place to ease into my day. The coffee was hot, the food was good, and the wait staff was friendly.

Word to the wise- go early. We left a little before 9 a.m. and a fairly substantial line was already forming.







No comments:

Post a Comment