Saturday, November 1, 2014

Recovering With Food and Friends

For the past 10 weeks I have been taking what has to be the most difficult class ever required by an academic institution-Journalism 4804. We work on a two week cycle. One week we find a story, pitch it that Friday, and then must produce a media package by the following Thursday at 6 pm.

I'm sure everybody has their own recovery routine after deadline day, but this is mine. I call my mom on my way home from the lab. She likes to know how my stories go, and she's is very concerned I'm losing my mind. Once in my apartment I tell my roommate how my story went. After eating for the first time since 7 am, I crawl in bed around 8:30 pm and slip into a mini coma until about 7 am.

Usually the morning after deadline day entails showering for the first time in days and rethinking everything I did the week before. 
But on this Friday after deadline day I did a something a little out of the ordinary. Instead of obsessing over something I can't change, I went to Cafe Berlin to eat breakfast with three empathetic friends. 

We read over the menus while drinking coffee, which I must say is much better than Broadway Diner's. Also Cafe Berlin's mugs are bigger too so you don't constantly have to ask for refills. 

I ordered the Starving Artist. It might have been the post deadline productivity hangover, but oh my goodness it was so good. I woke up this morning craving it.

They have a very creative menu, but they have the typical breakfast options as well. So they have a little something for everybody. 

It was the perfect way to start my day. Not only did get to eat great food, and drink great coffee, I got to spend time with three of the best people I have been privileged to meet through 4804. Not bad at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment