Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Burrito Battle

If you don't spend 90% of your time at Mizzou's J-school, you may be unaware that Moe's opened a location directly across from it and, if you're like me, you have no idea what Moe's is. 

Moe's is basically a Chipotle with a cinema theme and a different color scheme, which is interesting because they opened their new location right next to a Chipotle. And so the burrito battle was born. 

People have chosen their sides. I remained loyal to Chipotle, but I figured it was about time to give Moe's a chance. But I couldn't just eat their food without answering the big question- Who is the real winner of the burito battle? 

I enlisted my roommate, Devan, and her boyfriend, Seth, to help me decide. We were embarrassing thorough. 
We spent about $50 combined on food. I got my usual at Chipotle: burrito bowl with brown rice, veggies, carnitas, hot salsa, pico, and quac. I got as close as I could to that order at Moe's to try to keep my findings fair. 

Chipotle was better. Much better. 

But wait! There's more!! 

I was surprised to find that Moe's quac was better than Chipotle's, and Moe's has queso so obviously they get brownie points there. However Moe's chips are not great. Actually, I think it would be a compliment to call them adequate. Chipotle on the other hand has great chips. They're salty with a hint of lime and ironically go perfectly with Moe's quac. 

So here's what I recommend- go to Chipotle. Get you're burrito bowl, your quesadilla, tacos, whatever, and a bag of trips. I don't care how weird the look they give is, the combination of Chipotle chips and Moe's quac/queso will be worth it. Then go next door and get your queso and quac. 

So I guess there isn't a winner, except me because I was a very full and happy girl after this experiment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment